Day 1: Cairo:
Welcome to Cairo! Or as the locals say in colloquial Arabic ‘ahlan wasahlan fi el-kaheira’. Your amazing holiday will start when you meet Thomas Cook’s representative who will assist you through the airport’s checkout procedures. He will then escort you to your hotel, at which point your journey into the mysteries of Egypt begins.
Day 2: Cairo:
Explore the Great Pyramids of Giza, Cheops being one of the Ancient Seven Wonders of the World. And then on to the spectacular Sphinx which was built in 2620 BC.
Following this memorable tour you will visit the Egyptian museum that holds the world’s greatest collection of Egypt’s monuments including Tutankhamun’s elaborate sarcophagus, treasures buried with the pharaohs, and the optional visit to the Mummies Room. Overnight in Cairo.
Day 3: Cairo/ Baharia Oasis:
Today we will drive to Baharia Oasis to visit the Museum of the Mummies, a famous Greek-Roman tomb and the Cultural Museum.
Drive on to the camping site
Day 4: White Desert:
Drive to the White Desert with its magnificent white rock formations that contrast with the yellow landscape of sand surrounding the area. On our way we will stop at the Crystal Mountain. Overnight camping in the White Desert
Day 5: Farafra Oasis/ White Desert:
Drive towards Farafra Oasis, visiting the Museum and the Old City. Later, enjoy a bath in a hot spring. After lunch we will drive towards another site in the White Desert for overnight camping.
Day 6: Dakhla Oasis:
Depart for Dakhla Oasis, visiting the ancient village of El Qasr with its limestone cliffs and unique ancient Islamic architecture dating back to the Ottoman and Mamluk periods. Later, drive towards the camping site.
Day 7: Kharga Oasis:
Depart for Khargah Oasis, visiting the ruins of the ancient Christian cemetery of "Bagawat", perhaps the oldest major Christian cemetery in the world. Afterwards, pay a visit to a visit of the Handcraft Museum and then on drive to the campsite near El Labikah Roman Fortress.
Day 8: Cairo:
Drive back to Cairo. Overnight at hotel
Day 9: Cairo:
Transfer to Cairo International Airport for your final departure, with memories that will stay alive forever.
Rates: starting from US$1180 based on
- Marriot Cairo (5 stars hotel)
- similar in a standard double room>
- Two transfers in Cairo
- Full-day tour in Cairo including English speaking guide and entrance fees excluding lunch
- Three nights in Cairo Marriott Hotel in a standard room or similar based on bed and breakfast basis
- Six nights safari trip
- Any other item not mentioned above
- Passport copies MUST be sent to us at least FOUR WEEKS before your arrival otherwise we might not be able to get the permits on time
- The itinerary is subject to the general conditions attached
- Transfers through 4X4 Toyota Land Cruisers
- Single and double dome-shaped tents
- Tents have mattresses pillows and sleeping bags
- Three meals a day (2 are hot meals)
- Breakfast includes jam, honey, juice, eggs, cheese and croissant
- Bread, tea, coffee, hot chocolate, mint tea, milk and fresh bread to be baked on site
- Special meals for vegetarians are served upon request (Should be requested prior to arrival)
- Cakes and biscuits with tea during sun set
- All food preparation and cooking is done by the camp staff
- Cooling box for cold drinks
- Two bottles of mineral water per person per day
- All camping fees and permits
- Entrance fees for Tombs, Temples and Museums
- Expert desert guides
- Medical first-aid kit in each car
- Recovery equipment and tools
- Maintenance for cars
- Our lead vehicle is equipped with Satellite Navigation Equipment, compass, recovery equipment, several fire extinguishers, binoculars, books and Maps
- Staff are trained to help in any emergency including CPR assistance
- Satellite telephone to be used in case of emergency
- Expert guides in all over the Egyptian deserts
- On occasions there may be a possibility of a slight alternation in the itinerary due to local conditions or any other circumstances beyond our control. All included visits will be operated where possible